Wednesday 17 April 2013

Dreamy Dance Part 3


From the perspective of being awake, I can see the dream had come to a close. However, while I was waking up I really wanted to stay in the dream. The perspective was I had just gotten to this new bit where I felt better and free and I wanted to explore. I can see now a whole cycle had completed and it was indeed time for me to wake up.


I really enjoy dreaming. There's a part of me that wishes I could dream all day, just stay asleep. Indeed that part felt a bit sad that I was awake and I felt the desire to return to sleep. Why do I like to dream so much? Why do I prefer dreams to life? Are the questions I asked myself as I wrote my dream down. Little did I know these questions were soon to be answered.


Off I went to 5 rhythms to dance myself into clarity. My thoughts full of my dreams over the past couple days. Mr. Dreamy, Romeo, Wasband (my ex-husband), Mr. Can-opener (another man I fell in love with a couple years ago),a potential someone new. My head was full, so I reached into my bag of tools and repeated over and over clearing statements. Clarity began to seep into my mind. When I got to the dance there was practically no parking, which is unusual... my mantra of clearing statements falling from my lips, the air around me feeling palpably magical.


I entered the dance and there at the entrance a friend who I haven't seen in months greeted me! We embraced and he told me he was there to meet our mutual friend Mr. Can-opener. My heart thumped excitedly in my chest. On the dance floor I stretched my neck, arms, torso, hips, legs. I love to dance as wildly and free as I can possibly be, so warming my muscles it a must in order to take care of my body. I love my body so dearly, it is capable of such amazing things.


As I stepped into my dance on the 5 rhythms floor, I saw Mr. Can-opener and smiled. My dance flowed to a corner of the room where a man, who bared such a likeness to Mr. Dreamy I had to look twice, danced and moved in a similar way to him. I was gob smacked by synchronisities of the evening and I had only been there a matter of minutes. As I moved and danced there was another man there who resembled one of the men I danced with in my dream. So I danced with all of the emotions of these men I love, which carried me over to a woman. We moved and danced and writhed with one another our dance becoming ecstatic and sensual, sexual even. When one of us moved away still we danced together across the large room.


Suddenly in a moment I had clarity. I didn't want to dance with Mr. Dreamy's, though I felt the tenderness and love. I enjoyed flirting with the dancer of my dream, yet didn't want to dance with him either. I tried to dance with Mr. Can-opener yet our connection wasn't synching, so I didn't really want to dance with him either. I looked around the room and realised I was free. Free to dance with whom ever I choose without the ghosts of past loves haunting me. Free from wondering about what could have been. Free!!!


I dropped deeper into the sexy sensual snake like dance with the woman, we dropped to the floor and writhed and spun and rolled, a mess of legs and arms and hair. I was free. Bliss coursed through me as though it were my blood. Air felt exquisite in my lungs. I saw my friend who greeted me at the door and became self-conscious as though I were dancing this way in front of my father, then it disappeared and came back like waves these feels washed over me and subsided till I saw clearly a pattern.


Every 10 years I have had an intense love affair with someone for a brief time, then we go very far away from one another (geographically) and the relationship stagnates. The first man was my father. The waves of self awareness of my dance disappeared completely and it was just me, my breath, and the dance. I grounded deeply down into stillness, one leg, then the other in a trance like state of beingness. 


I saw Mr. Can-opener, his body thin, his eyes sullen, his heart in such sorrow... I witnessed Mr. Can-opener. I placed my hand on his heart and felt compassion as though my body and being were but a vessel. We met in stillness. Our breath, our bodies, swaying to the music finding our rhythm once more as we have so many times before. Even when the music stopped we swayed on to our rhythm, in connection and love and comfort.


That evening when I returned home, Mr. Dreamy found me on skype. We chatted for the first time in months. It was lovely and more clarity appeared. I could see why I loved him and why I loved being with him and also why he is far away and I am here. I saw why my Wasband and I haven't been able to make a romantic relationship work. I saw myself, and what I truly and simply desire. Positivity, Love, Joy, Abundance. Only those who allow this to grow, who aid and nurture and support the me I enjoy being are the people who I choose to open my vulnerable, beautiful, giving heart to. This is my truth, discovered in the dance between dreams. 

No comments:

Post a Comment